Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Executive (BDE) for the East Coast Financial Services territory. This person will be responsible for sales lead generation, setting-up of initial meetings and assisting the team in overall business activities to grow the territory. This person will also be responsible for some client account management and upselling of existing clients.
A successful candidate will be able to uncover qualified sales leads by utilizing lead sourcing tools, internet searches and by tracking industry events, media publications, and industry associations. This role will also require someone with the ability to comprehend and navigate through different company organizational structures and roles, to find key decision makers and qualified buyers. In this role, the BDE will develop a solid understanding of the sales process and sales prospect management and success in this role can lead to a more senior sales role within the company.
This position is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for the United States and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales and Client Management
Skills and Experience: Required
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within a relevant field (economics, business, finance, marketing)
· Experience in sales and business development, preferably in the financial industry, research or consulting
· A strong understanding of the financial services industry, including the various subsectors and financial language
· An interest in finance, economics and current affairs
· Comfortable making cold calls
· Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
· Strong oral and writing skills
· Strong experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
· Must be a team player
· Experience with CRM systems is a plus