Territory: Main focus on Italy
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Oxford Economics is a leading global economic research and consultancy firm. As part of a clear growth strategy for continental Europe, Oxford Economics is now looking to expand the team in Italy. As such, we are seeking to hire a Business Development Executive (BDE) for the assigned territory. This person will be responsible for lead generation, setting-up of initial meetings / cold calling and assisting the team in building the subscription business.
The position will be an integral part of Oxford Economics’ growth plans within Italy and provides an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization in a dynamic growth phase.
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales and Client Management
Skills and Experience: Required
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within a relevant field (economics, business, finance, marketing)
· Italian native speaker and fluent / bi-lingual in English
· An interest in sales and business development – ideally with previous experience gained during internships or first workexperience
· Interest in economics and current affairs
· Must enjoy or like the idea of cold calling. First cold calling experience preferred
· Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
· Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
· Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
· Must be a team player
· Should enjoy and thrive working in a start-up like environment, given the relatively new set up of the Italian office
· Willingness to travel across the assigned territory to meet clients and prospects, once fully trained
· Knowledge of MicrosoftWord, Excel, and Powerpoint
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 190 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 2,600 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Miami, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC. We employ over 130 full-time people, including more than 80 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics. Underpinning our in-house expertise is a contributor network of over 500 economists, analysts and journalists around the world and our heritage with Oxford University and the academic community.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 700 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.