The role is part of the EMEA macro consultancy team to be based in Oxford’s newly established Dubai office. The Dubai office consists of two other economists and three sales team staff. The Managing Director of Macro Consulting will be relocating to Dubai in August 2019 and we are looking to expand the team in the Dubai office. EMEA is a key market for Oxford’s growth objectives, we already have some significant consultancy projects and aim to rapidly growth revenues from subscriptions and consultancy. The position will focus on design, implementation and delivery of macro-modelling and other consultancy projects. In addition, the position involves supporting Oxford’s Mideast macro analysis and engaging with existing clients, as well as helping the sales team develop the subscription base.
More specifically, the role will entail:
- Supporting a wide range of macro consultancy projects for clients in the MidEast region.
- This will include leading pitches and final presentations, as well as being a key member of the teams working on different projects for Mideast-based clients.
- The position is likely to involve travel within the MidEast region.
- Managing/mentoring junior team members as the EMEA macro consulting team develops in Dubai.
- Presenting the house view to clients through client conferences, webinars and meetings.
- Dealing with Mideast-related client queries and more general queries from clients in the region.
- Supporting sales and marketing by presenting Oxford’s view and products, this could involve extensive travelling the region.
Skills and experience
- Strong academic education in Economics at postgraduate level.
- Previous experience in using applied macroeconomics models for forecasting and/or scenario analysis.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work effectively in teams across different offices and to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Terms of the position
- Competitive remuneration package, including performance related bonus.
- Private health insurance.
- Leave: 25 days pa, plus 8 public holidays.
How to Apply
To apply for the role of Senior Mideast Economist, please attach a PDF copy of your resume and complete the questionnaire. For any further communication, please reach out via Breezy HR, no phone inquiries please.