Global-macro cross-asset strategist
You will be part of a team building out a new strategy research product aimed at the firm’s expanding buy-side client base. You will report directly into the Head of Macro Strategy and be in a prime client facing position. As a senior member of the team, you will (within a few months) be able to independently develop ideas, take lead responsibility for authorising reports and provide full cover and back-up for the Head of Macro Strategy (on developed markets).
You will be looking at global markets from a top-down global-macro perspective and should have the ability to provide a coherent macro-based world-view. Specifically, you will demonstrate the ability to provide strategy views consistent with Oxford Economics house macro views.
You have a flair for good writing and are a confident presenter who enjoys pitching macro-strategy / asset-allocation views to clients and can build strong client relationships over time.
Your responsibilities will include
· Global macro-strategy research (a multi-asset focus is key)
· Identifying top-down macro-strategy themes and high-conviction views
· Writing analytical reports and pitching investment themes / ideas to clients
· Interacting with clients/prospects, presenting at client events
· Providing full cover/back-up for Head of Strategy on developed markets when required
The profile, orientation and skills that you will bring to the team include
· 5+ years’ experience in macro-strategy research / asset management or similar with a core focus on developing investment ideas / themes
· Strong interest in top-down macro strategy with a coherent analytical approach.
· First-rate academic training with a degree in economics – CFA, a top Master’s in Finance or a PhD will help you stand out. Familiarity with the core asset-pricing literature (Fama-French, Campbell-Shiller, etc) will be a distinct advantage
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics is a leader in global forecasting and quantitative analysis. Our worldwide client base comprises more than 1,500 international corporations, financial institutions, government organisations, and universities. Oxford Economics is a trusted adviser to corporate, financial, and government decision-makers and thought leaders.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, Singapore and Sydney, Oxford Economics has 24 offices across the globe. We employ over 450 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics support varies industries including Real Estate, Asset Management, Energy, Government and technology are just some of those industries. Every industry is subject to rapid change. We help our clients navigate risks and plan for the future by providing the analysis, forecasts, and tools they need to succeed