You will be a leading member of a team building out our strategy research product, which has had a highly successful year following its 2017 launch.
As a senior member of the team, you will be able to independently develop ideas and take lead responsibility for authoring reports and pitching investment themes and ideas to clients.
You will be looking at global markets from a top-down global-macro perspective and should have the ability to provide strategy views reflecting Oxford Economics’ house view and forecasts.
You have a flair for good writing and are a confident presenter who enjoys pitching macro-strategy / asset-allocation views to clients and can build strong client relationships over time.
Your responsibilities will include
• Global macro-strategy research (a multi-asset focus)
• Identifying top-down macro-strategy themes and high-conviction views
• Writing analytical reports and pitching investment themes / ideas to clients
• Interacting with clients/prospects, presenting at client events
The profile, orientation and skills that you will bring to the team include
• At least five years working as a macro-strategist, including extensive experience in macro-strategy research / asset management or similar with a core focus on developing investment ideas / themes
• Strong track record in developing client relationships and excellent presentation skills
• Strong interest in top-down macro strategy with a coherent analytical approach.
• First-rate academic training with a degree in economics – CFA, a top Master’s in Finance or a PhD will help you stand out. Familiarity with the core asset-pricing literature (Fama-French, Campbell-Shiller, etc) will be a distinct advantage
About the team
Oxford Economics Global Strategy suite of products went live in September 2017 and the client based has grown very quickly, with success grounded on high conviction tactical calls that are informed by Oxford Economics rigorous macro-forecasting framework and analysis. Our existing strategy team of four has been supported by contributions from Oxford Economics core macro team of 40+ economists. The products include monthly Asset Allocation for Global and EM fixed income, FX, and equities. We also publish regular thematic notes. Over the next year we plan to extend coverage on a number of fronts, including strategic asset allocation and deeper into emerging markets, including frontiers.