BIS Oxford Economics, a leading economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to recruit a Junior Account Manager. The primary responsibility for this role will be to work with the Senior Account Manager and our wider Business Development and Finance & Administration Teams to support the growth of the subscription business in Australia and New Zealand. The person will require excellent communication skills and be very well organised in order to maintain strong relationships with clients and ensure high renewal of our subscription products whilst working with internal teams to continually manage client engagement.
This role is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for Australia and New Zealand and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
How you will make an impact
• Communicate opportunities, challenges and feedback to Senior Account Manager
• Ensure CRM system information is accurate and complete to ensure timely and reliable delivery of subscription product to clients and internal reporting
• Ensure details and outcomes from client communications are recorded in company CRM system
• Record insights and learnings on prospects, clients and leads and share with Senior Account Manager
Marketing and Product Enhancements
• Support the Senior Account Manager in client attendances at our national conferences in Australia and New Zealand with up to 150 attendees, to raise brand profile and increase sales opportunities
• Support the Senior Account Manager in creating and actioning marketing campaigns to ensure existing client base renew their current services and upgrade as appropriate
• Relay feedback and suggested product improvements from clients
Skills and Experience: Required
• Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at once
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good working relationship with senior level professionals within our client base.
• Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
• Must be a team player
• Be adaptable to change and embrace new approaches
• Eye for detail and accuracy
Skills and Experience: Desired
• Relevant work in account management/sales or other relevant roles
• A desire to meet and achieve goals
• Must have experience of working on a Client Relationship Management system, Microsoft CRM preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Effective problem solving, time management and organisation skills
• Intellectual curiosity
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Show technical aptitude and a desire to advance in a sales capacity
About BIS Oxford Economics
Following the acquisition of BIS Shrapnel by Oxford Economics in 2017 a new entity was formed called BIS Oxford Economics which forms part of the Oxford Economics Group. This was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 120 industrial sectors and over 4,000 cities. Our best-of-class Global Economic and Industry Models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, Singapore and Sydney, Oxford Economics has 24 offices across the globe. We employ over 450 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 1,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.