Title: Business Devlopment Executive (BDE), North American Real Estate
Location: New York
Territory: USA and Canada
Reports To: VP, US Real Estate and MD, Global Real Estate
Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Business Development Executive to cover subscription sales within US and Canada. This position will be responsible for building the subscription research business within the real estate sector and the assigned territories.
This position will be an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for the Americas and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Key Responsibilities - Sales and Client Management Support
- Generate Meetings - Through market analysis, identify key companies & individuals within the sector and territory with the purpose of setting up new sales opporutnities.
- Opportunity Management – Work closely with the business development managers (BDM’s) to progress sales opportunities from lead through to sale. This will achieved using a mix of phone sales, e-mails, webinars and face to face meetings
- Arrange events and marketing – Working with the BDMs and marketing team to coordinate sector business development initiatives and help build a pipeline for the respective sector and country
- Existing clients – Work closely with the territory’s account manager (AM) to identify opportunities from existing and previous users.
- Industry Knowledge - Maintain a knowledge of global economics, real estate and business trends to facilitate conversations with clients
- Product Knowledge - Develop a strong knowledge of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of the services
- Sales Reporting – Work with the BDMs and AM in preparing the weekly sales reports to be shared with the Head of Global Real Estate and your line manager. Communicate opportunities, challenges and feedback to rest of immediate team
-Ensure all sales activity is recorded and updated on the CRM platform.
- Marketing - Liaise with the BDMs and marketing on invites for webinars and events. Follow up on marketing campaigns to sell various subscription services. Help organize, and where needed manage marketing events to raise brand profile and increase sales opportunities
- Wider RE Team - Liaise as appropriate with other regional and global real estate sales heads to identify sales opportunities, manage existing real estate clients and support cross-border sales as required.
- Economists – Work with economists of various teams to organize sales calls, events, marketing material, trips and meeting with BDMs
- Product Enhancement -Provide feedback and suggest product improvements to product teams, based on client interaction and competitor analysis
Skills and Experience: Required
- A degree from a recognised university
- A proven, demonstratable sales track record, with at least 2 years of experience
- Experience of selling in a B2B environment
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of MicrosoftWord, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Must be a team player
- Fluent English
Skills and Experience: Desired
- Economic or Real Estate related degree highly desirable
- Experience within the institutional real estate sector
- Experience selling data or information services into real estate firms
- Knowledge around CRM platforms and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Research, economic or business sales experience
- Any other Languages
- Existing contacts at US and Canadian real estate firms
Please no phone calls, faxes, or mail-based inquiries regarding the status of your application. If your profile is a fit, you can expect to hear from us within 2-3 weeks of your application being submitted.
About Oxford Economics