Business Development Executive: Northern Germany, The Netherlands, and Eastern Europe
Territory: Main focus on North Germany/NRW and Netherlands. Russia and other CEE/CIS countries will depend on experience and language skills
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Oxford Economics is a leading global economic research and consultancy firm. As part of a clear growth strategy for the German-speaking, Dutch and E. European region, Oxford Economics opened its first office in Germany in 2015 and is continuously growing the team. As such, we are seeking to hire a Business Development Executive (BDE) for the assigned territory. This person will be responsible for lead generation, setting-up of initial meetings / cold calling and assisting the team in building the subscription business within the assigned territory. The position will be an integral part of Oxford Economics’ growth plans within the European region and provides an exciting opportunity to be part of a an organization in a dynamic growth phase.
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales and Client Management
- Lead generation will be via phone / cold calls and webinars / answering free trial requests.
- Through market analysis, identify key companies in the territory, key individuals within companies, and support the Business Development Managers in establishing relationships with these prospects.
- Search leads and new prospects via internet sites such as LinkedIn.
- Help the team manage relationships with new business prospects.
- Organise online and face-to-face meetings for the Business Development Managers.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of these services.
- Create sales presentations and lead webinars with prospective clients
- Prepare weekly sales reports to be shared with senior management.
Skills and Experience: Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within a relevant field (economics, business, finance, marketing).
- German native speaker and fluent / bi-lingual in English (other E. European / CIS language skills – mainly Russian – would be preferred).
- Keen interest in cold calling.
- Strong passion for sales and business development – ideally with previous experience gained during internships or first work experience.
- Interest in economics and current affairs.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals.
- Must be a team player.
- Should enjoy and thrive working in a start-up like environment, given the relatively new set up of the German office.
- Willingness to travel across the assigned territory to meet clients and prospects, once fully trained.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint .