The role is part of the Scenarios team and based in Oxford Economics’ Oxford headquarters office. The unit is responsible for OE’s Global Scenario Services, bespoke scenario projects, supporting the Global Macro Service, and Stress testing.
- Producing and writing up scenarios for the quarterly Global Scenarios Service.
- Supporting the production and expansion of scenarios demanded by clients for regulator demanded stress testing.
- Production of ad-hoc scenarios for clients.
- Contributing ideas that will improve the properties of Oxford Economics’ Global Economic Model.
- Support the sales team by running model demonstrations and training for clients.
- Conduct internal training for new members of the forecast team.
- Maintain and develop scenarios for the Global Model Workstation.
- Dealing with risk and scenario-related client queries.
- Forecasting and writing on specific economies every month.
Skills and experience
- Strong academic education in Economics at postgraduate level.
- Previous experience in using applied macroeconomics models for forecasting and/or scenario analysis.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work effectively in teams across different offices and to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Terms of the position
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-related bonus
- Leave: 23 days a year plus bank holidays. You are required to take three days of this leave in the period between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed.
- Probation period: six months
- Start date: TBD