Oxford Economics is looking for two high-calibre macroeconomists to join our expanding LatAm economic research team in Mexico City. The roles would suit recent economics graduates or experienced candidates looking to develop their analytical skills and regional knowledge in a fast-growing, independent consultancy with a global reach. Fluency in English and Spanish is essential, both spoken and written.
These are new positions, created following the relocation of Oxford Economics’ Chief LatAm Economist from London to Mexico and the decision to create a regional hub in Mexico City.
The successful candidates will join a rewarding, international work environment with opportunities for career progression. We offer a competitive US dollar salary, performance-related bonus and generous annual leave.
· Responsible for the macroeconomic forecast of a number of Latin American economies, using Oxford Economics’ proprietary Global Economic Model
· Produce bespoke forecasts/models for specific variables/sectors upon request
· Write regular economic forecast reports for several LatAm economies
· Assist in the production of in-depth analytical pieces on broad macroeconomic themes related to the LatAm region or individual economies
· Produce economic commentaries on high frequency economic data releases, monetary policy decisions and political developments
· Engage in (and potentially lead) consultancy projects – from writing proposals to presenting deliverables
· Support the chief economist by collecting and organising data, producing presentations and presenting the findings of their research both internally and to clients in a clear and effective manner
· Demonstrate Oxford Economics’ services to clients and prospective clients
· Respond to client queries in a timely manner
· Perform other duties as requested
· Strong academic education in economics, finance or related fields from a reputable academic institution (post-graduate degree is desirable for more senior roles).
· Strong interest in forecasting and practical research on macroeconomic issues relevant to corporations and financial institutions.
· Proficiency in English (and Spanish) is essential – expect most of the work to be carried out in English. Some knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.
· Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines with teams across different offices in the USA, Europe and Asia.
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills – domain of MS Office, some knowledge of Eviews and general interest in economic modelling is essential. Knowledge of VBA and other programming methods aimed at automating processes is a plus.
· Ability to communicate your views clearly and effectively (in English and Spanish) to colleagues and clients through conference calls, Power Point Presentations or face-to-face interactions.
· For more senior roles, it’s essential to have previous experience working in macroeconomic research (e.g buy or sell-side, consultancies, central banks or think-tanks), or as project manager ideally in other consultancy firms. Previous experience writing economic reports, consultancy proposals, delivering presentations and handling client relationships is a plus.
About Oxford Economics
How to apply
To be considered, please submit your resume (or CV) and a short cover letter detailing why you should be selected for an interview. Qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps in the process. We look forward to receiving your application!
The closing date is Monday 5th November 2018 but applications will be considered as they are received.