BIS Oxford Economics, part of Oxford Economics Group, is a leading independent economics, construction and property forecasting company. We are seeking to appoint high-calibre Economists to our expanding subscriptions team to be based in our Sydney office. As the market leader, BIS Oxford Economics provide excellent career opportunities, both within Australia and internationally, as part of the Oxford Economics Group.
Key responsibilities will include contributing to a number of our subscription services, including our property outlook products and building construction in Australia service. This will involve:
- Producing short commentaries following key macroeconomic data releases
- Managing and maintaining our property and building construction database, including gathering project level information
- Supporting senior team members in the production of written reports and preparation of presentations
- Working with senior team members to develop quantitative forecast models and produce longer research pieces that focus on a particular topic
- Supporting our clients as they use the service, including responding to emails and phone calls.
The role will directly report to a Senior Economist on the subscriptions team, and indirectly to the Chief Economist.
Skills and experience: Required
- Undergraduate degree in Economics (preferably honours)
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office package
- Must be highly motivated, with a desire to develop the skills and expertise required to build a career as an economist
- Ability to work as part of a broader team
Skills and experience: Desired
- Advanced degree in Economics
- Experience developing econometric models, programming in R and/or Python
- 1-2 years of experience